Thursday, April 11, 2013

An Art worth living for

     My colleague Alec Bainter has made a very interesting point in his blog of political insights. In his article A Need for Art he discusses the issue of the lack of art teachings in colleges. Art for me has always been an integral part of life. I love music and sketching and every form of individuality of human life. However a living to be made by these forms is hard to come by. It is simply not prudent to teach children the arts and tell them to go make a living that way. At least that what Ive always been taught. My own family doesn't support my art endeavors.
     Shouldn't that be all the more reason for schools to have programs and events that teach those that truly want to make a living with their talent. I don't believe that just small colleges and communities should have these but the larger institutions as well. With so many young people in the world desiring to spread their individuality through their arts why not teach them how to do so and give them an education they could truly use. That way we would have more students and more people living a life they are truly happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment